Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oberservations

I really like the community I just moved to. Walking and biking and farmers market-ing. although I haven't biked just yet, I still need a helmet for my clumsiness. a helmet that I will instantly cover in robot and star wars stickers. . . as soon as I unpack them.

I miss very little about Springfield, much less than I thought I would at least. just before I left I had this rush of sadness and desire to stay put, but I think that was me just becoming uncomfortable with the unfamiliar. As I have found out since being here only a week, this place is much more familiar to me than Springfield ever was in the entire year and half I lived there.

I'm good at collecting hobbies, but not so great at keeping them or excelling at them. I bought a ridiculously expensive camera, but I am too shy to go out and about to take pictures. I enjoy cooking and want to take classes, but I hardly ever like to eat what I make because food makes me a little nauseous. I want to do more with my art, but I'm afraid of criticism and I want to learn an instrument, but I'm lacking the patience. all of these things, I'm going to work on.

I worry about the most unnecessary things, but will turn a blind eye to things that I should be worried about. I don't like confrontation, but I don't like being walked all over either. Add this to the list of things that I should work on.

I'm really excited about my new life here.

And I love Toby a lot. . Not necessarily a new observation, but one that continues to grow. cheesy I know, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment