Wednesday, June 17, 2009

At the Ugly Mug

I am once again biding my time away at the Ugly Mug, a coffee house just a couple blocks away from my apartment where the coffee mugs are, um, ugly, but the coffee is certainly tasty. It's a good place if not a tad bit pretentious, but I suppose that's what you get when you live in a tiny suburb of a very pretentious city. I wouldn't say that it's bitter about not being in Ann Arbor, but maybe bitter about the fact others disregard it because it's not in Ann Arbor. And maybe I'm just reading into this entirely too much. I have done it before, and I will do it again. The ambiance here is swell though and I enjoy blogging here more than my hot, dark bedroom. Maybe if ever remember to change the batteries in my point and shoot I can snap a few sneaky pics of the place.
Yesterday was pretty much pointless. Monday night Toby and I met up with a couple of friends of his from high school and the night got a little more out of hand than I had anticipated. I also gave my email out to a guy and I'm not entirely sure why. But now we are facebook friends, so that's cool.
Anyways, yesterday was spent in and out of sleep and then we walked to Corner Brewery with some of Toby's new program "friends". It was awkward at first, but we were able to ease into conversation with some of the more friendly members. I ordered a can of coca-cola because I still hadn't entirely recovered from the night before. Yeah, I'm old apparently. Oh Life.
While there I struck up conversation with a girl in the program and her fiancee. They had moved here from West Virginia and are planning a trip to the upper peninsula this summer. I have been planning vacations up north for the last two years in my head. Toby and I are hoping to get up there this summer as well, but until that happens I will be jealous of this couple.
Today I:
- woke up easily enough, but was still so incredibly tired
- dropped the tobes off at the temp agency for him to take his tests
- walked around the mall for two hours, actually i sat for about an hour of it
- had a blueberry banana smoothie from surf city squeeze
- wanted to slap an annoying kiosk lady
- dropped my application off at kohls, um yeah
- bought slices for toby and i at college inn pizza
- walked to ugly mug and applied to several more places, shoot me now
Later I will:
- walk back home and maybe take another shower
- be super lazy
- make cheeseburger macaroni because i am poor
- continue to be lazy
- wish that i had "how i met your mother" on dvd
- go to bed ashamed of how lazy i have been
Goals:
- i have none! i am lazy okay!? back off!

No comments:

Post a Comment