Sunday, June 14, 2009

Awake

It's an earlier morning post, which means I didn't wake up in quite as rough shape as I have the past couple of days. Toby and I met up with Smoot and Danielle last night at The Brown Jug in Ann Arbor for a couple of drinks and then headed to Pinball Pete's for some arcade game and pool table magic. I of course spent all of my quarters on one game . . . ski ball! I think I would someday like to have ski ball in my house! Danielle and I also played this game where we had to have one hand on the joystick and hold each other's other hand while the joystick vibrated at different velocities. My arm still feels weird, but we managed to conquer it! At the end of the night we turned in the fifty tickets won and Danielle and I each got a lovely silver and green plastic ring that only fit our pinkies. What a great night though!
Today lady Dana and Kevin have made it possible for Toby and I to go to the Food Gatherer's Annual Grillin. Read about it here. - Food Gatherers. It's for a great cause and we get to go for free which would normally cost us sixty dollars each! I can already smell all the delicious food that will be available. Drinks will cost additionally, but I don't think I will mind. With Toby and I both unemployed currently, the event will help our poor old butts as well. I am definitely starting to get nervous about our money situation. I wish so much that something would come up for us, but nothing has yet and it doesn't look promising for the next couple of weeks. My savings is quickly plummeting and rent and my car insurance will be due the end of this month. Not to mention the electric bill from our last house and credit card payments.
I still think this move was a good move though. I love Ypsi and I love being around all of these great people. I feel so much more at home here and I'm sure once our finances fall into place, we'll be much much happier!
Today I:
- woke up
- stretched
- checked my usual blogs
- paid a couple of bills
- had a mild panic attack
- wrote this post
Later I will:
- make something up for breakfast
- eat free food with toby, lady dana and kevin
- enjoy being outside and mingling with people for a good cause
- listen to some local music
- come home and relax
Goals?
-take pictures
- be happy
* I will probably do more than what is listed under my later list, but it's too early to know really what will take place. Hence why my posts are usually done more mid-day.
** Perhaps this means two posts today?

No comments:

Post a Comment