Sunday, June 14, 2009

Evening

photograph from sam santos
The Grillin was a lot of fun. I am stuffed and so incredibly tired, but it was a great feeling to know that so many people and so many business support this cause. A few of the local businesses really went above and beyond for it too, which fills me with so much pride to be a resident of this community. I had a gigantic grilled chicken sandwich, some amazing feta and pasta salad, a small mixed romaine salad, the best baked beans I've ever tasted, some mint bean salad and vanilla gelato with a brownie. It was also perfect weather for the festivities. There was a local bluegrass band playing and the kids were able to do some arts and crafts. I can't emphasise enough how much I love living here!
Needless to say I think walking around in the sun today though really took it out of us. Toby is already napping peacefully next to me and I'm about to head downstairs to read/ nap/ watch a movie. Once I'm rejuvenated I might venture out to take some photographs. I wanted to take some at the Grillin, but it was difficult to get in and out of my purse there. Oh well, I'm sure I will have plenty of opportunity at other festivals and events!
Can't Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment