Saturday, June 13, 2009

Conjunction Junction

Apparently you have no function!
I'm curious how one is supposed to write an intelligent sounding answer to a question about a life experience that would directly correlate to a customer service experience using less than thirty five words in an online job application. If I left out punctuation and conjunction words, I suppose it could happen, but I would sacrifice showing any capablity or grasp I may have of sentence structure and the English language. Granted on this blog, I realize I am all over the place with grammatical errors and poor punctuation; especially this post because I'm typing it with high adrenaline and a caffeine related haste and it is primarily fueled by annoyance. Does that even make sense? Do I even care? Mostly, I'm surprised that this specific online application is for a position at a large, well known retail book store.
Today I:
- way way way overslept
- sipped on vegetable beef soup and watched monster squad
-snuggled with toby because sometimes i'm a cute girlfriend
- finished a million little pieces by james frey
- was disappointed to find out just how much of that book was fabricated
- walked to ugly mug to fill out aforementioned job applications
- drank kenyan coffee from a christmas mug
- started my above rant
- walked to nypd for a slice of pizza
- devoured that slice of pizza
Later I will:
- make sloppy joes!
- meet up with the smoots for some pool hall fun
- drink . . . again.
- contemplate relativity
- take some pictures if i'm not too shy
- make a kissy face
- ponder something and then forget what i was pondering
- fall asleep and dream of grilled cheese sandwiches again
Goals?
- kick some serious butt at the pool hall
- not be too let down when i don't

2 comments:

  1. umm, I still sing schoolhouse rock in my head.... all the time. Mostly Get Your Adverbs Here and I'm Just a Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh yes, those are both classics. after i titled this post i must have hummed the tune for about three hours, i think i may have caused others sitting around me to do so as well!

    ReplyDelete