Sunday, July 26, 2009

One Long Weekend

First and foremost my dear friend Keighty was home from Arizona and I got to be my rebellious rascally self with her two nights in a row! The first night involved Orchid Lane shopping and Indian food at Shalimar. Oh Pakora Curry, how tasty you are! We finished up with a few pints at Arbor Brewing Company. Sadly however, this was Thursday night, which meant I had to work again on Friday. But the day flew by and before I knew it, Keighty and I were high tailin it to Kalamazoo, to see some friends' bands play. A funk band and bluegrass band, I love my state.
I got home about five thirty the next morning to crawl my achy dance-y bones into bed next to Toby, who had a few adventures of his own that night. Woke up bright and early on Saturday to get the house cleaned up a bit for The Marzonies. It was Michigan Brewers' fest just a couple blocks from our house, and we had tickets. Fun was had, beers were drank, and the sun was shining shining shining. An after party, a melt down, and a terrible argument with Toby later I was once again curled up in bed.
I now find myself in a household full of homebrews. But I'm just a little too exhausted to even crack one open.
This weekend I was happy to:
- see one of my bestfriendsforever
- have a glass of shiraz and laugh about the things we used to do
- walk around downtown ann arbor in nice weather
- dance barefoot to bluegrass downtown kalamazoo
- eat a ham and cheese omelet and banana bread with chocolate milk from crows nest at two in the morning
- spend the day with good friends at the park and drink some good brews
- come home to bbq pulled pork thanks to my wonderful boy
- have an after party with other friends
- make up with my toby after a horrific argument
- sleep in this morning

Does the weekend truly have to end?

No comments:

Post a Comment